The Stephen F. Cohen–Robert C. Tucker Dissertation Completion Fellowship for Russian Historical Studies will provide one fellowship, with a maximum stipend of $25,000, for a doctoral student at US or Canadian university, who is a citizen or permanent resident of the US, to complete their dissertation.
The program is open to students in any discipline as long as their dissertation topics are within the scope of 19th–early 21st century Russian historical studies. Please read carefully the fellowship scope and eligibility on the program website and answers on the FAQ page before starting the application process.
Only current ASEEES student members are eligible to apply. If you are currently not a member, you can become a member first and then apply.
Application Deadline: February 1 2019, 11:59pm Hawaii Time
- Completed online application form below
- Dissertation Proposal (no more than five pages, double-spaced, in Times New Roman, 11- or 12-point font)
- Bibliography (no more than two pages)
- Dissertation Table of Contents
- A dissertation chapter that is neither the introduction, conclusion, nor literature review. Chapter should be no more than 25 double-spaced pages in Times New Roman 11- or 12-point font, or a representative excerpt from a longer chapter.
- One-page timeline outlining schedule for completing and successfully defending the dissertation during the Fellowship tenure. You must explain when you will write and revise each chapter.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from the applicant’s dissertation advisor that includes confirmation of applicant's ABD status, the viability of the proposed timeline for completion, and end of doctoral funding in years subsequent to the fellowship year. One letter must be from a scholar who is both a member of the applicant’s supervisory committee and a member of ASEEES.
- Review the program website and the application form first to make sure you are eligible and that you have the necessary information and documents to upload.
- You can save an incomplete draft of the application and return to it later. However, once you hit "Submit", you will not be able to edit.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your reference letters are submitted by your referees. You should let them know that they will receive an email instruction once you submit your application. The deadline to submit the reference letters is February 8, 2019.
- The application deadline is firm. No late applications will be accepted.
- Do not send any applications to ASEEES via e-mail or mail. All documents must be uploaded below. Do not send your transcripts, proposals or other documents to the ASEEES office. They will be discarded.